1.31.2006

spinning wheel


spinning wheel
Originally uploaded by The Knitting Fool.

I told you I have a spinning wheel. Here it is. Obviously, it's seen better days. I would love, love, love to learn to spin on it, but it's not put together, and I have no idea how to spin. I do have the foot pedal, it's just not pictured. I also think the bobbin thing isn't attached right, but I don't know how to fix it. Unfortunately, the amount of spinners in Central Iowa must be limited because no one has spinning wheels or supplies except a great little store I heard about an Ames. The problem is Ames is about an hour from where I live, and I don't always have the time to get out there on the weekends. Plus, that's a far drive for lessons - if they even have this wheel. I did buy two books, that seem to be somewhat helpful, but they haven't gotten me started yet. Oh well. I'm excited to start to try to spin. I just found out that there is an Alpaca farm DOWN THE STREET FROM ME so I'm going to go talk to them about buying some roving from them. I have to learn on something, so why not Alpaca!!

On another note, I am going to be in Chicago for the next three days - so I'll talk to you later. Thanks to everyone who has been visiting my blog and leaving comments. I'll get back to all of you soon!

No comments: