1.10.2006

sp7 questions

Here it is! I haven't heard from my pal or recieved my match yet (it's a little early) but I'm so excited!!! Lots of typos, I'm sure. Pardon the grammar issues.

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? I wouldn’t call myself a yarn snob, because I will with anything. However, when given the choice, I will always go with the better fiber/brand.

2. Do you spin? Crochet? I have a spinning wheel, but it doesn’t work because it is missing pieces. I would like to learn to spin at some point – I have no idea how to right now. I can’t crochet to save my life. Several people have tried to teach me. It just doesn’t work.

3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? Various containers, make-up brush holders and just in the bottom of my knitting bag.

4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I have been knitting about a year and a half. I would say that if I had more patience, I would be intermediate. I can do the harder stuff, but I like easy quick knits that I don’t have to concentrate too much on.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes. It can be found here.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) Vanilla or sweat pea. I do have some allergies to bath/body products, but usually stuff from Bath and Body Works doesn’t bother me.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Yes, I have a chocolate tooth, and I love, love, love Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I like to scrapbook, I recently got back into sewing. I like to cook and garden.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I have iTunes, so I can play MP3s. My taste in music varies artist-to-artist. But I’m usually grooving right along to the Top 40 stations. I love every type of music!

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? I like warm colors best, so reds, browns, pretty oranges and yellows or anything that looks like the colors of a sunset are nice. But I’m also a fan of blues and pinks. I cannot stand “electric” colors – especially green.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I live with my boyfriend of 6.5 years. I have farm cats, but no indoor animals, my boyfriend is highly allergic. Those cats, although they live outside, are highly spoiled. I would love to have a dog one day though.

12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I wear hats and scarves and mittens. I prefer ponchos on babies, not adults.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? I love anything by Noro or Berroco. Anything that stripes itself or has subtle color changes it nice as well.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Anything scratchy. Yarn that tries to be something that it is not, like “suede” yarn. It just doesn’t feel right to me. Also, I don’t like novelty yarns that have those “flag” things on them. I hate knitting with them!!!

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? Felting. Knitting purses and bags. Trying to find a great Noro pattern for a sweater that I would actually wear.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I don’t have a favorite I guess. I like things simple.

17. What are you knitting right now? A felted bag, a fingerless mitt, a knitted purse.

18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? I never have before, but I bet that I do!

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Depends on the project, but if I can get away with straights, I will.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Bamboo, unless I’m using Addis.

21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Both!

22. How did you learn to knit? I taught myself out of a book, then went to a class to verify that I was doing it right.

23. How old is your oldest UFO? Over a year old. It’s a sweater that I started for my cousin’s baby boy. He’s too big now to fit into it even if I finished it, and I have no idea what to do with the yarn anymore.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? I don’t really have favorites, but I have a soft spot in my heart for Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh.

25. What is your favorite holiday? Memorial Day because my whole family gets together at my house to hang out for the weekend. We all live in different states, so it’s nice to have everyone in one place.

26. Is there anything that you collect? I sort of collect really cool colored glass vases – I started doing that when I went to Italy 6 years ago. My boyfriend would tell you I collect yarn. He’s probably right.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? None.

28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? I love knitting books, and I have a lot. But I could always have more. I’m also looking at expanding my collection of Noro Pattern books.

29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I’d like to learn to knit socks. I think that would be really cool!

30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? I’m not a sock knitter…yet. My foot is a women’s size 10.

31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) June 27.

No comments: