1.30.2006

baby blanket


IMG_1005
Originally uploaded by The Knitting Fool.
I do have some knitting progress, although I've been traveling like a fool. This is a baby blanket that I'm making for my friend. She isn't due until September, but I needed to get a good head start. I would say I'm about half done. I posted a close-up of the blanket's stitch pattern a week or so ago - it's kind of like a basketweave. It's make with Lion Brand Baby Soft (only washable items for babies, please!) For this same friend, I am also going to make an attempt to knit my first pair of baby booties. It's going to be a while before I get to that point, but I'll definitely post progress there as well.

BTW, She does not know the sex of her baby, not is she going to find out. That's why I'm knitting the blankie in purple, blue and green - I thought it was fun, and good enough for a boy or girl.

I'm going to be pretty MIA again this week as I'll be gone Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday in Chicago for business. I'll try to post tomorrow before I leave, but we'll see!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can definetly do baby booties! They are not nearly as hard as they seem at first. I know there are several free patterns available, but I've made a few pairs from "Knitting Pretty" by Kris Percival that turned out beautifully. The pattern was very easy to follow -- Might be worth checking out from the library.