6.07.2007

Baking and Knitting

I made Sheri's Monster Cookies last night. She runs the Loopy Ewe. (For the record, when I wrote this post I hadn't bought anything from her yet , but I went back to the site and fell in love with a few things, so now I'm an official customer!!)
Anyway, my modifications were as follows: I made half of the recipe - which fit perfectly in my Kitchenaid Mixer - and made cookies with about 1.5 tablespoons of dough. That got me 8 DOZEN COOKIES! And that was just half of the recipe!! So yummy! I had enough for J and I both to take a giant bag to work, and then leftovers for us at home and to take to a friend's house tonight to share. These are awesome! I highly reccomend you make them!
I've also been slowing tinking away at my first sock. It's coming along - I just wish I had enough time to sit down and get this thing DONE! Socks do seem to be a quicker project - but judging by how long it's taking me to get through this one - you can see I don't get a lot of time to knit! And I guess there were a lot of mistakes on this one at first...

It is coming along though - I'm still in the decrease section of the foot. It's pretty easy to memorize how to do them, so I like that. what I don't like is the ribbing pattern - I wish I was doing some kind of lace or other pattern.

This weekend is the Iowa Sheep & Wool Festival. I went last year as well, so I'm looking forward to going this year! Here are some of my posts about the festival last year.

So, this is my last post until after the festival. Hopfully I'll have lots of fun photos to share!

1 comment:

starrypurplehaze said...

I COVET those cookies!