6.13.2006

Sheep Fashion Show

If you're a knitter and you go to a Sheep & Wool Festival, you're probably there for the fiber, not the animal. Well, I wanted to check out the animals, too. What I didn't expect to see what a bunch of sheep wearing clothes.

I'm sorry, but the white hooded robe thing is a little boring, and makes the sheep look a little angry and hateful. Definitely not my favorite look. Here we have a slender sheep in a nice blue speedo. Much better look. Does anyone know what the difference is putting the sheep in the tight swimsuit/speedo type outfits vs. the looser white robes with hoods? I know that both are used to keep the wool clean, but I think the speedos are a clear winner for style.


While I do think that this sheep is slender enough for a speedo, I have to question the stripes. Fashion has never allowed stripes to look good on someone.

Is it wrong to shear a sheep and then knit it a sweater out of it's own wool?

1 comment:

Liz said...

ROFL! This was definitely the most amusing recap of the festival. Thanks for the giggle!