6.02.2006

We have progress!

Despite my near-death sickness, I managed to go to work yesterday and knit a bit at home. My throat is still killing me, but I think I'll make it. I feel well enough that I'm going to go on date tonight, which would be exciting except that I'm going with the man I've been with for 7 years.

Just kidding, it's always exciting to have time alone with my man!!

So, I did knit last night while watching the Office marathon. That is just a great show, isn't it? Here is the progress on the log cabin baby blanket. Notice any sort of (unintentional) pattern?

The purple, pink and yellow have lined up on two sides and orange, green and blue lined up on the others. I'm actually pleased with that way that turned out. Obviously, I chose six colors and I wanted it to be as a-sexual of a blanket as possible, and since it's turning out this way, the baby's momma can fold it to look more girl or more boy!! It's nice when good accidents happen. The blanket now measures about 20 by 20 inches, before blocking. I'm not sure how big I want it to get - maybe 40 by 40? I'll have to check out the measurements of baby blankets next time I'm at Target.

For the weekend - date night tonight, Saturday is marathon exercise morning (kickboxing class, resistance training and 3 mile walk/run) and then rest/clean the house, and I don't have plans yet for Sunday, but we'll see. Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

The blanket is looking awesome! :)

shadowlands said...

It's so pretty!

FYI - most crib-sized blankets are 40 inches by 30 inches(or thereabouts).

Anonymous said...

your blanket is lovely! I am also making one, 6 colors as well... agonized over how to do the colors so that it would look cool.

Your SP :)

Amanda said...

The blanket is beautiful.. this project is definitely going on the short list for upcoming projects.