6.19.2007

Socks on a plane!

I did in fact knit a bit while on my way to and from NYC as evidenced by the above photo. I had no trouble with my Addi Needles going through security on the way to NYC, but on the way back, the funniest thing happened in the Newark Airport. Security called me over to the table, asked me to open my bag. A man put a rubber glove on and held my knitting with the needles sticking out with one hand and gave it a weird look. I explained to him they were knitting needles, and he coudl in fact pull them out if he needed to (I had a lifeline in, so I wasn't worried) He just said everything looked fine and put it back in my bag. I was a little sad that I couldn't get a picture of the look on his face because it was PRICELESS! My progress was minimal - I'm done with the foot decreases and just knitting the foot until I get close enough for the toe. I'm getting there - I started this sock SIX weeks ago...it's taking too long!! I saw this shirt in the airport and I liked it, so here it is for you to enjoy...

1 comment:

starrypurplehaze said...

The next time you're in the St. Louis area, we should get together!

Random thought, there. :)