6.11.2007

Iowa Sheep & Wool 2007

What a weekend! J and I got up super early on Saturday, went to the Des Moines Downtown Farmer's Market, went to the Iowa Sheep & Wool Festival and then to Big Creek State Park, then over to a friend's house for some trampoline fun and to grill. It was a LONG but very FUN day!

Iowa Sheep & Wool seemed different this year. Not too many sheep...unless I just wasn't looking. The sheep that were there were BIG...like this guy.

On the left is a photo of a normal size sheep getting sheared...yes, it was young, but look how SMALL it is compared to the big RAM...that Ram was HUGE! He was crazy, too! The shearer was telling us how he broke his ribs once shearing a giant ram like that! He was a big boy, but it was interesting to see how calm them get when they're being sheared. P.S. Those are my favorite sheep up top, Jacob Sheep. I think they're so cute! I also got to use my dad's digital SLR for these photos...they're much better than the little Canon Elph that I carry around...

No comments: