6.13.2007

The Festival Haul

I really like the camera that I've been borrowing from my dad. It sure does take pretty pictures with that macro function...
Yes, I bought yarn. Did you actually think that I could be around yarn and not buy it? Everything there was so pretty, so soft, so colorful. That stuff up top (pink and purple, but it looks blue in the photo) is 100% icelandic wool from Riverwinds Farms. Handspun and dyed. I bought two hangs so I have a few hundred yards. I think it will be a baby sweater of some sorts...

You can't go to anything in Iowa without corn being involved. So, there was yarn made from corn! Ingeo yarn from Fields of Fiber. I have to say that it's tough yarn - not particularly soft, but not rough - just "solid." I'm going to knit these up into facecloths since they seem to have a bit of texture on them that would allow for gentle scrubbing. I also bought a variety pack of colors to make a rainbow washcloth. They're machine washable, so I think they'll be perfect for washrags!
Close up of the Ingeo. I don't know what was with my color selections that day....

Finally, my little flock of stinky sheep! They're filled with Lavendar amongst other things and designed to keep moths away from your wool! Plus, they're really cute, and they don't actually stink! They were also from Riverwinds Farm.

I'm heading to NYC for the rest of the week - I'm not sure that I'll get to visit many yarn shops, but Seaport Yarn isn't too far from my hotel, so we'll see. So I'll be out for a while - hopefully getting some knitting done on the plane or in the airports.

And, I thought I should add that there will be no sheep fashion show this year as there were not cute sheepies in speedos at the festival. :(

No comments: