6.11.2007

Vendors

Sadly, I was too awe-struck by the beautiful yarns in front of me to take a lot of photos, but I did get a few...The big difference I noticed between the Iowa and Maryland Festivals is that in my opinion, the Iowa Show seemed to be far less commercial - these were all indi-style spinners and dyers and knitters here. True, the Iowa Festival is not even 5% of the Maryland Festival in terms of attendance and vendors, but the Iowa Festival has focus! The people who show there are great!
Now, I was dissapointed that local Des Moines area yarn stores weren't in attendance at the show. I'm sure space was an issue, but it would have been nice to see some yarn storn support. Some of the vendors I saw this weekend

There were a few more, but I can't find their cards right now...I'll add more to this later!

No comments: