3.20.2006

what a fraud!

O.k. - I admit that this is supposed to be a knitting blog. I'm a little obsessive with my new craft though, so this jewelry thing is taking over my life!

I made two bracelets last night - one is pictured and the other will be soon. Blogger is misbehaving and won't let me post another photo! The green one (coming soon) is Swarovski crystals and I LOVE IT! And the white is just a fun little bunch of teardrop beads. I am making jewelry to gift to people, and I need to find owners for both of these. I have someone in mind for both of them, but we'll see. You would think that I would keep all of this for myself, but I don't really wear jewelry. I don't know why, but I don't. That might all change soon, but who knows.

I think it's the instant gratification that gets me every time. I can make a bracelet or necklace in an hour - sometimes even less. For knitting, it takes me much longer, and there is a lot more effort to put into it.

I did knit one row on the baby blanket that I have been working on forever. Then, the three yarn balls got tangled like you wouldn't believe, so I spent an hour and a half untangling and re-rolling them. Next time, I'm going to put all three strands in one ball right away. Then I won't have this problem.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hehe I was just going to tell you the thing about the baggies. Then I opened the comments page and saw someone beat me to it! I did this on the last baby blanket I made.

~SP