1.04.2007

That New Year

I joined Project Spectrum today, hoping that it will help me get through my stash this year, since I'm not buying any yarn for a while. I really like the way that Lolly organized the colors. And, a few months ago, I bought a bunch of blue bamboo yarn (enough to make a sweater) so I think I'm going to start with MY FIRST SWEATER PROJECT!! Well, it would be my first sweater for me. I've made baby sweaters before. Ooh, and I just realized that the second set of months is green, so I get to work for four months on the sock yarn my Secret Pal got me!!

I spent New Year's Eve with J and my parents in St. Louis. Pretty low key. We drove back to Des Moines on Monday morning, and I've been dragging myself into work every day since.

I want to write about my New Year's Resolutions, but I'm still trying to figure out what they all are. I guess I know these for sure:
  • Knit more!
  • Write down every piece of food that goes into my mouth.
  • Write down every single cent of money I spend.
  • Eat out for lunch only once per work week.
  • Eat breakfast every day.

Those sound so boring, but I'm just doing those in January. In February, I am going to start cutting down on my calories a little based on how much I'm already eating and I'm going to set up a budget. I'll probably also add some working out guidlines at that point. I want to take baby steps. Very little baby steps because I want to make sure that with everything I do, I make a positive change that becomes a HABIT instead of a fleeting project.

As far as knitting goes, I finished a Calorimetry scarf/hat while driving down to St. Louis over break. I just need to sew on a button and take some photos. I also started a scarf with this crazy yarn I bought - it's totally novelty crap, but it's kind of cool, so I'll have to post something about that as well.

Photos to be saved for my next post. Tomorrow, I get TIVO!!! Yay!!!

No comments: