1.17.2007

Back and Knitting...sort of

Thank you for the kind e-mails/comments about my uncle - he will certainly be missed! I survived the ice storm in St. Louis this weekend while I was down there for the funeral. It actually wasn't too bad. The roads were fine, it was more of an issue with trees causing power lines to go down. Luckily, my parents had power the whole time. During the last ice storm, they lost power for five days.

Knitting progress - I guess you could say I've been making plans. I stocked up on Noro Kureyon in four different colorways when a LYS was going out of business, so I now have more than 1,100 yards of Kureyon in four different colorways. - Numbers 115 (reds), 138 (brights/pinks/ purples), 156 (blues/browns) and 164 (green/blue/brown). You can see a shade card here. I want to make a cardigan for myself out of color 115. I think I'm going to make this cardigan out of that colorway. with maybe 3/4 length sleeves instead of full. For the other colors, who knows. I have two friends with three baby boys under the age of 1, so I think I might end up with three baby sweaters in time for their first birthdays! I also have about 15 random colors of Kureyon in my home collection that I bought just because I LOVE that yarn, but now I feel like they need a purpose!

I am knitting a little bit. I am making two scarves. Both of them are boring garter stitch knit the long way - they're going fast, but are not yet done. The yarn I'm using (picured above) is Schaefer that I was using to make a scarf with a chinese waves pattern, but I didn't like the way the yarn felt knit up - it was too tight. The other yarn (below) is just weird. It's snippets of all different kinds of yarns - and it's too loose right now, so I might rip it out and re-do it. I call the yarn "fur ball." It really does look like a dead, mangled muppet. I would like to finish both of these scarves before I start any other projects because having multiple projects makes me accomplish less!
And, I have kept my Knit From Your Stash promise...even during a trip to St. Louis, where I had the opportunity to purchase yarn, I didn't! But I have a question...I was to make a fake-isle hat - it will be my first two-color work. Now, I have plenty of Noro to work with, but no solid yarn to match...do I dare buy a skein to make the hat, or just wait??? What's a yarn lover to do?

No comments: