1.29.2007

I am a knitting machine!

I made three hats this weekend! I actually made two on Friday night, one on Saturday, and then I tore out the top of one on Sunday and reknit it. Of course, big needles, big yarn, and small hats, but they're so cute! The blue ones remind me of little gnome hats. Even though it's still January, I consider these my official start to Project Spectrum!!
Pattern: Bulky Baby Hat by Blue Sky Alpacas
Yarn: Bulky Hand Dyes in Dark Blue (large hat,) Duotones in Blue on Blue (small hat,) and Tahki Yarn Baby Print in Color 41 for the medium sized hat.
Pattern mods: In the blue hats, I stuck to the pattern and the decreases at the top got me a pointy gnome-like hat. I modified the decreases in the medium sized hat for a flatter crown, and later ripped out the smaller hat's top to flatten it out.
Comments: Very quick knit - big yarn, big needles. The pattern calls for Size 15 to get gauge (1" for 2 stitches) and I ran out of yarn on the blue hats at that needles size while getting gauge. I re-knit them with a size 13 on the dark blue and size 11 on the duotone blue and they're just fine. It's a very, very basic and easily memorable pattern that can be translated to many different yarns!
I'm using photoshop to "save photos for Web" but the second one still seems grainy...any tips out there??

1 comment:

Liz said...

CUTE hats!

In regards to the second photo looking grainy... it's pixelated. When I view just the image (in firefox I right click and select view image) it shows a much smaller version of the photo and it's not pixelated.

The tahki baby is my favorite! :D