1.23.2007

Stash Organization

I've been spending some time fondling all of the yarn I have aquired during my knitting life. Last night, I bagged it all up, organized it, and discovered a few things:
  • I have enough "good" yarn to make 7 adult size sweaters.
  • I have enough sock yarn (even though I've never made socks before) to make at least seven pairs.
  • I have enough dishcloth cotton to make at least six dish rags.
  • I have enough miscellaneous yarn that doesn't go with anything else to make at least 100 scarves.

So, is that good or bad? And what's with the sevens?? Is that my lucky knitting number? Luckily enough, it all fits into three containers - the rubbermaid container I posted about before, one under the bed container, and this three level thing that is holding all of my odds and ends.

Tonight is going to be for accessory organization. And, in the interst of full disclosure, I bought yarn this weekend. I bought some things to gift my secret pal, but I also bought some Adrienne Vitadini yarn to make a sweater for me. I don't think it breaks the rules because the yarn was about 40% off (buy 8, get six free...)

I try...I really do. Now I just have to KNIT! I think I might abandon all of my current scarf projects and start on a sweater...

No comments: