11.21.2006

Fall Cleaning

So I was on a business trip last week and got back home on Wednesday. I should have gone back into the office, but instead I took Thursday and Friday off work to clean and organize my house. I got less done than I hope for during those two days and the weekend, but nice weather forced me outside for a while to help the boy-toy clean the garage and work on completing our shed in the backyard.

As part of the organizing, the yarn stash was unearthed. Here it is in it's glory on the island in my kitchen: That stash isn't as huge as I thougth it would be but it is stuff that I have things planned for. I have a little bit of everything, so I bagged it all up and put all of this into ONE rubbermaid container. Isn't that pretty?? There are definitly "mixed" yarns in some of the bags, but I tried to keep them all with the same fiber, etc. For instance, on the bottom bags, we have the soy wool bag first, then the cotton, then I'm not sure what's next, then the sock yarn, then another bag that I can't tell what it is, and then the denim yarn. The best part is, it actually all fit, and I can put a lid on it! So pretty, and it takes up a lot less space! My new rule is, no new yarn goes in until there is room, because that bucket is BURSTING at the seams with yarn!!

1 comment:

The Sexy Knitter said...

Ooooooooooooh! Niiiiiiiiiice stash. Preeeeetty stash! I totally have stash envy! Gorgeous! Have fun with all that yarny goodness! : )