11.19.2006

I entered a contest!

My SP9 hostess, Patty, challenged us to make a dish rag by Nov. 22. I did it! I made a washrag! I used peaches and cream yarn (or sugar and cream, I never remember which one I used) in my favorite color - the bright ombre! I used the pattern for Chinese Waves found here. Several glamour shots abound - the first being my new dishrag (on the left) with an old one that I made a year ago in the same yarn. I do like how the Chinese Waves pattern makes the colors pop a little more. These are close-ups of the pattern stitch on the right and wrong sides. The way the pattern works, the slip stitch side (the right side) looks like this: But I actually think I like the wrong side better. It looks like this: I think this pattern would make a nice baby blanket pattern as well, and it goes so quickly! I would say it took me a few (very interupted) hours to make this. If I didn't have knitting ADD, I bet I could have finished this in under an hour.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are really cool colors! You are offically entered into the contest now!