11.10.2006

Thoughts on...

The weather - that photo was taken at lunchtime today with my camera-phone. It's snowing. Three days ago it was 75. I thought that only happened in St. Louis. The good part is that it's the big, fat, wet snowflakes that are so pretty. The bad part is that people in Central Iowa forget how to drive when it is starting to snow...

My secret pal - She sent me a postcard from Vermont! She was vacationing there, and it sounds like she had a great time. The photo on the postcard was a beautiful fall shot of red and orange leaves. She kind of left me a hint - that where she lives, it gets brown....wonder what that means??

Knitting - oh yes, I knit! Last night, I almost finished my fingerless mitts. I just need to finish the thumb part on the last mitt. It's just 1x1 fib for five rows, and it's only 11 stitches. I should have done it last night, but I was watching...

Grey's Anatomy - Thank goodness for that ending!! I don't want to ruin anything if you haven't seen it, but I was going to scream if Derrick saw McSteamy at the bar and walked out! I was also going to stop watching the show if McSteamy and Mer hooked up. I haven't been in love with the show this year like I was the last two years, but that episode seemed more like old times for me! Mer/Der all the way - can't wait for that steamy bathtub scene next week!

Work - I've been having some trouble with someone at work. Because I don't know who reads this blog, I'm not going to say who it is, but let's just say that today I am making a really assertive move to get the problem to stop. We'll see what happens. I'm out of the office all next week because...

Business trips - I'm heading to Salt Lake City for a business trip. I think it's going to be a fun conference. I have about half a day of sight-seeing time, so I'm going to try to hit up some yarn and bead shops while I'm out there. If anybody knows of some good ones, leave me a comment!

So that means I will not be able to post the week of Nov. 13-17. Stay tuned for an update later in November and since I'm doing a significant amount of flying, I should be able to get some knitting done!!

2 comments:

Kaitie Tee said...

Have fun on your work trip - I hear Salt Lake is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Hi, it's the 15th so I'm checking in. I hope you are having plenty of knitting time while in SLC.

Secret Pal