12.21.2006

I'm such a joiner...

Remember this post? It's time for me to seriously consider this KAL (or would it be a Stash-a-long?) I don't need to buy new yarn. I just spent too much money on enough Noro to make 5 adult sweaters (no joke.) I'm trying to make 2007 the year of getting myself in order from head to toe, and that stash yarn is not helping. This is my public declaration that I am going to Knit From My Stash in 2007, abiding by the following rules:
  1. Timeframe - January through June, 2007.
  2. I will not buy any yarn during that period, with the following exceptions:
    2.a. If someone asks for a specific knitted gift that I really and truly do not have the yarn for, I can buy yarn to knit that gift. And if I participate in the next round of Secret Pals, I can buy yarn for my pal.
    2.b. If I am knitting something and run out of yarn, I can purchase enough to complete the project.
    2.c. If I am in another state, I can buy yarn, or if I'm shopping at a store that is going out of business, I am allowed to buy yarn.
  3. I am allowed to receive gifts of yarn.
  4. Spinning fiber of any sort is exempt.

So, here it goes! Wish me luck, and hopefully, 2007 will be a more knitterly year for me!

Edited 1/4 to change rules to ending in June 2007, and to be able to purchase yarn if out-of-state or if a store is going out of business. Go figure I'm already adjusting the rules...

No comments: