12.06.2006

Sock yarn tangle


sock yarn tangle
Originally uploaded by The Knitting Fool.
The other day I decided to wind the Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn my Secret Pal gave me. Yeah, it turned out to be a bit of a mess. I didn't know this at the time, but that stuff is notoriously hard to wind. And I have a ball winder and a swift. So, I got it wound about halfway, then the ball exploded on the winder and went everywhere. Then I went to the swift and had to find the other end to start winding again. Needless to say, it because a bigger and bigger mess. So big that I took a photo.

Now I have it fixed into a nice tidy ball. One of these days I'm going to actually knit a sock instead of talking about knitting a sock.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I've never had trouble winding it. You didn't have to cut it, did you?

Secret Pal.