12.13.2006

Knitting + cats = crazy??

What is it with knitters and cats? We have some barn (outside) kitties to keep the mice away on our property( I live in the boonies and my nearest neighbor is the beaver family in our pond.) Mice used to be a huge problem when J (my boyfriend) moved into the house and traps wouldn't contain them all. Since getting cats, the numbers have gone from 15 a year, to maybe one or two. Cats are good.

So anyway, we have these barn cats that think they are lap kitties. We do spoil them (as evidenced by the dog bed they are in.) and we even cook hot meals for them in the winter (not all of the time, just some of the time, like last night.) I do have to say that our kitties make great garbage disposals - they eat all of our leftover food! They especially love chicken and deer meet (J hunts. )

Our kitties are all boys - the black one is Biggie (after Biggie Smalls the rapper - yes, I am a rap music fan) the striped one is Skunky, and the little one is Oreo. They are all brothers, just out of two litters. The two older ones don't get along too well - they kind of fight over who is the boss cat, but they both take care of Oreo like he is their baby.
So last night, Biggie and Skunky were "helping" us put up weather stripping on the door (and by helping I mean rubbing on our legs so we would pet them.) They were being sweet, and then all of a sudden it was scrappin' time. They were rolling around fighting like you would see in a cartoon. J had to use a broom to seperate them. Then I go back out there (in the garage) a few hours later, and they've obviously made up because that's when I took the photo. Reminds me of me and my brother when we were little. :)

No comments: