2.02.2007

Thoughts on...

Secret Pals - I know that the pal who spoiled me is a busy lady, so I don't know who she is yet! I can't wait to read more about her in her blog though! I'm a little impatient with this - but that's just my nature! :) The secret pal I spoiled is Emily. It turns out she and I have a lot of similarities, so I'm glad that I've made a new friend!

Project Spectrum - Officially started yesterday. I have a fair amount of blue in my stash, not too much of the other two Feb./March colors. That's o.k. though because one of my first projects is going to be knitting my sister a sweater out of blue yarn.

Organization - I sat down a few nights over the last two weeks and cataloged all of my knitting needles and yarn. I made a spreadsheet with several columns for the yarn so I know the color, gauge, yardage, fiber, etc. for what I have. Every time I buy new yarn, I'm going to enter it in there. Also - I'm a little embarassed at the amount of fun fur that I own, but I used to knit and sell those scarves so whatever.

Weather - It's cold. Really, really cold. -2 when I got up. Tomorrow, the high temperature is going to be 3 above, with windchill of -30. Brrrrr!!!!

Yarn Stores - A while back I mentioned Donna's was going out of business. That's still sad news, but the good news is that Artistic Bead is going to move into Donna's old space and expand their bead selectin and be a yarn store as well! The owner and I had a few e-mail exchanges about what yarns would be good to carry, and I've given her plenty of feedback! If you're in Des Moines and want to tell her, get thee to Valley Junction and talk to them! I'm excited to see the new store!

No comments: