2.12.2007

On gauge swaches

I caved in and knit a gauge swatch. I actually knit about half a gaugue swatch and that indicated that I was spot on with gauge - which is an anomoloy, but whatever. So I started to knit Green Gable. and discovered that the YO, K2tog details at the beginning did lot like my yarn. Or the yarn did like them because it split like crazy. I'm using Addi's - they're not too pointy, but my yarn fell apart. It's Royal Bamboo - It's meant for this project. I knit about 2 inches, then ripped it out because the fraying on the neckline irritated me too much.

I'll re-start it again this week, I'm sure. For now, I'm in the middle of knitting fun fur hats! I hate fun fur knitting - I don't mind it for scarves, but when I'm trying to do ribbing, it's impossible to work with.

No comments: