2.20.2007

I am not a Spinner...

And I'm o.k. with that. I guess I got overly excited last year when I was at the Iowa Sheep and Wool Festival - I bought a drop spindle, but never really could figure out if I was spinning correctly.

On Sunday, I took a spinning class at Living History Farms here in Des Moines, and I liked it - I really did. I just found out that I don't have the patience for hand spinning - on a drop spindle or on a wheel. The instructors actually complimented me a lot on my wheel spinning - I found the wheel MUCH easier than the spindle, but it just didn't do it for me. I hate to admit it, but it's a ton of work!
I am very jealous of those spinners out there who make such beautiful yarns. I am just going to have to continue to support their passion by purchasing more handspun yarn. The effort is worth it, because it's beautiful, but it's not for me. I'll just have to keep knitting!

1 comment:

Kaitie Tee said...

Don't feel bad - I'm not a spinner either. There really should be a club for those who love to knit, but can't fathom being spinners.