5.03.2006

SP 9 Questionaire

It's starting soon! Here are my q and a's

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? On my love it list right now is blue sky cotton (they come in awesome colors!!), anything noro and anything soft! I’m not a yarn snob, so I’ll actually knit with just about anything that isn’t to rough, except I hate yarns that have those flags on them. The only thing I can think of that I don't like are tweed-like yarns.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? An old make-up bag, and a metal tube thing.

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I’ve been knitting about two years, I’m an advanced beginner, and if I tried harder I think I would say intermediate. I just like really mindless knitting right now.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes! I’ll have to link to it once it’s updated!

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) I’m very sensitive to stuff unless it’s really natural. Burt’s Bees is always good, and so is most any light scents (think vanilla) from Bath and Body or the Body Shop.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I have a chocolate tooth, and I LOVE Reese’s Peanut Butter cups and Hershey’s dark chocolate.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I knit, scrapbook, make jewelry, sometimes I sew. I have a spinning wheel, but I don’t know how to use it or how to spin at all. (I would love to learn!)

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like top 40 tunes mostly, but I LOVE all music really. I can play MP3s.

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? I’m into all colors – but I love warm colors, think deep reds, oranges, purples, etc. I am a fan of blues and pinks though, too! I guess I really love any colors – except for really ugly electric or neon colors.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I live at my house with my boyfriend of 6+ years. I have 6 cats, but they are farm cats so they are outside only (and have a house in my garage.) They are spoiled like inside kitties though. I can’t have them in the house because my boyfriend is highly allergic.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Yes, yes, yes, no because ponchos are only cute on babies.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I don’t know! I tend to gravitate towards easy mindless knitting – think simple baby blankets, bags, etc. I am searching for my dream sweater pattern.

13. What are you knitting right now? Too much too count. Two baby blankets, and I’m getting ready to start on some washcloths thanks to my new favorite book, Mason Dixon Knitting. I see washcloths in my future for a while.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? I’ve never received a handmade gift, but I’m sure I would love it!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I prefer bamboo needles for straights, and addis for circulars!

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? I own both.

17. How did you learn to knit? Taught myself out of a book, then took a class to learn more.

18. How old is your oldest UFO? 2 years. It’s a baby sweater I never finished. Needless to say, the baby is now too big for the sweater.

19. What is your favorite holiday? All of them. Actually, it’s Christmas, simply because I LOVE giving presents to people.

20. Is there anything that you collect? Yarn. :) Glass beads that would make cool jewelry.

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? No subscriptions yet – see my wishlist for the books I want, but I would also add that any Debbie Bliss books are high on the list, and Noro pattern books.

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I’m trying to learn to knit socks – I’m doing o.k. with it. I’d also like to learn to do simple cables.

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? See Q 22. I am a woman’s size 10 foot.

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) June 27 – I will turn 27 that day!!!

No comments: