5.19.2006

Guess what I got!

Well, my first package from my Secret Pal arrived in the mail yesterday. At 6:15 this morning, I went outside and took photos (I had an early breakfast meeting, so it was then or not until next week!)

You know, it always amazes me that I seem to get packages from Secret Pals on the days that I'm really having a hard time. Secret Pals really have a tendency to brighten up the day, don't they!

So, on to the goods: One skein of Artful Yarns' Broadway. (Can I just say that sparkles and yarn is always a good idea - I think this one will become a fun and funky scarf) and one of my personal favorite yarn right now, Blue Sky Cotton - I love how soft it is. I also got a little package of Burt's Bees lotions and some stitch markers (close-up below.) Then finally, my pal is from Alaska, so I got a "Bear Hugs from Alaska" peanut butter and chocolate bar! My favorite combination is peanut butter and chocolate, so YUMMY!!!!!
The stitch markers are really, really pretty, and the first ones that I have ever owned that aren't plastic rings! I don't know if my secret pal made them herself, but I already know what I'm going to use them for: Clapotis!! I just haven't started knitting Clapotis yet!

And then, just because I was up so darn early today, I took a picture of the sunrise because it looked so pretty.

I hope that everyone has a good weekend, especially my secret pal! And by the way, Secret Pal, thank you so much for the package. It made my day. Really it did.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi from Austria! Wow, such a lovely package you received - a day can't go wrong when it brings such goodies, no? Have fun with everything that it contains!
I absolutely adore the photo you posted of the sunrise, such gorgeous colors - thanks for sharing it!

Pennie said...

wow what a SP, nice blog, enjoyed reading and love the yarn colors you have ;)