4.27.2006

Thanks Ann and Kay!

I'm obsessed with something thanks to Ann and Kay. Log cabin knitting!! I started a new baby blanket over the weekend (I'm frogging the old one, and turning it into something else.)

Remember, this is for my friend who is having one baby, and she isn't going to find out until it's born what it is. So, I wanted color, but I didn't want boring, pastel, or all-white things. I wanted excitement!

I think I found it:

Colorful, but not obnoxious. Of course, the photo doesn't do too much justice to these colors. Think primary colors (except for the pink.) The middle bottom color is actually a purple, and the green is a bit darker than what it shows. Oh, and ignore that little hank of sock yarn at the bottom -that's for some baby booties. :) The yarn is Plymouth Encore (75% acrylic, 25% wool), and Webs is having a sale on it right now. I did purchase this last Friday at my LYS for about $8 ball, and I thought that was a great price considering each ball has about 200 yards. However, Webs sale is far cheaper. You'll have to check their price out. I would tell you exactly what colors I'm using, but I don't have the yarn with me right now.

I did start the blanket last weekend. I LOVE IT! Quick knit - but if you don't like garter stitch, this project is not for you! Check it out:

The green here is a little closer to the real color. The purple is still showing up a little dark. Obviously, it needs blocking, but at this point, it's barely 12" by 8". I'm going to keep on knitting tonight and hopefully I'll have this done soon!

No comments: