4.26.2006

Blast to the Past


One of my first real knitting projects was a baby sweater. I got the pattern from the Yarn Girls Guide to Kid Knits and knit it up in Tahki Bunny yarn. I gave it to my niece, who at the time, was about a year and four months. I knit this in 2004 - it took me a long time, because I just started to knit a few months before that. I bet I could whip this out a lot faster if I knit it again.

I did hold the yarn double through the pattern - it made it a little warmer that way. I needed to bind off a little looser, because babies have big heads and she didn't quite get hers through easily. The only other think I would change is to keep that yarn about halfway up the body from pooling - but I didn't mind at the time! I will say the the Yarn Girls do write patterns so that they are easy to read!

Tomorrow, or maybe on Friday - real knitting progress on the log cabin blanket I'm making!!

No comments: