2.13.2006

the weirdest things happen to me...

So, last week, I'm in Cedar Rapids for a client meeting. On Thursday morning, I'm walking through the skywalk near the U.S. Cellular center, and these two women (girls?) are walking towards me. One is wearing something that most people in blogland should recognize: the famous Clapotis. I had to stop her. I'm quite sure she thought I was insane. (I am.) I'm quite sure the person I work with who was with me thought I had lost my marbles for stopping a stranger and talking about her scarf. (I lost them.)

The woman (and I'm not comfy calling her a women, no offense, but only because I'm 26 and I'm sure she was about my age if not a few years younger. Anyway - hers was made in NORO! Silk Garden to be exact. It was out of this world beautiful. It called for me to make one. You see, I have seen photos of Clapotis, but never have a I seen one in person. Words cannot describe how beautiful this thing was.

So I asked the maker/wearer how difficult it was to knit. You see, I'm past the beginner stages of knitting, but I'm lazy, so I don't like to concentrate on patterns. I like mindless knitting. She told me, and I am quoting, "Follow the pattern and it will not let you down."

THAT inspired me. So, to add to my list of things to knit, Clapotis is on there. Someday, I'm going to learn to make one of those sidebars that let me list all of that stuff, but until then, I'll keep mentioning them here.

I am going to be in town this week (as far as I know.) So, I should be able to post more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too cool! Can't wait to see your Clapotis in progress. I'm also planning on making one...who cares if we're a bit behind the times. The Clapotis is classic!

SP