2.15.2006

Peep this!



So, I've been struck again by my secret pal. She is quite the observant person, too. First of all, please note all of the lovely and encouraging comments she puts on my blog. Second, she taught me how to put buttons on my blog, and I have gotten some other e-mails from her "just because." How sweet!

This time, she sent me a package that includes things for the wish-knitter in me. And, I am quite convinced that she is a bit psychic in that she sent me a card-making kit and Burts Bees products. What she didn't know (ooh, or did she?) is that I just got into making my own cards (seriously, I took a class a week ago) and I'm in love. Card-making might just get up there with knitting on my list. And for the Burts Bees stuff - that stuff is like a drug for me - all of it! I have tubes and cans and containers of Burts Bees everywhere! I've never tried their cuticle cream though, so I'm in for some fun! I am also one of those sensitive-to-certain-scents types who can't use everything, but Burts Bees has never bothered me.

The gift didn't stop there, though. The other goods in the package included Plymouth sock yarn, and a set of double pointed needles in itty-bitty sizes like 000 to knit socks with. I had to take a fun picture of them because the colors are so cool. You see, my secret pal knows that I want to try to knit socks, but I am a lazy knitter. Now I am sock yarn, and needles to use, so I have no reason to not knit socks. I might actually be a really knitter once that starts!

I have been at work all week this week. No travelling (thank goodness!) However, it's been really busy. I'm not going to say where I work, but I do have a great job, and I work for a great company, but half of the department that was here one year ago is gone. Seriously, 11 people worked in my department last year. Today? 6. That includes one intern. The 11 people did not include an intern. So, I'm overworked, underpaid, tired, crabby, and I want my life back! I do have fun, I really do, and I'm not miserable, but really, my boss telling me when we're fulling staffed that we're going to have a party is not comforting. What I want is for my boss to tell me that she appreciates the dedication I have shown while everyone else is quitting, and that in lieu of a party, we all get bonuses! In a dream world, right?

No comments: