5.22.2007

My sock might be saved

O.k. - last night it took me HOURS...from 6:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. to rip back my ribbing to a salvagable point and then pick up stitches from there. I won't tell you how many individual stitches had laddered down an inch or two, but I managed to get them all back on the needles, in the right direction and everything! This sock will not defeat me - I will defeat it. I did learn that I need a smaller crochet hook than a D, so for future socks I'll have to go buy one soon. I even started the heel flap (with a lifeline on the last row of ribbing) and am about 1/4 of the way through the flap.

I will make this sock. I'm excited to make a sock! My sister-in-law, who started sock knitting with me when I went to DC, has already finished her first sock! I have to catch up!

1 comment:

starrypurplehaze said...

Hey, you're further along than I am in your first-sock-knitting, so kudos to you for that. :)