5.11.2007

I'm finally doing it!

Socks - they're so fun - you can buy cute socks at the store for so cheap! I love wearing fun socks. But, I've always had this craving to knit my own socks and have been collecting yarn for it for some time - heck - every secret pal I've had has even sent me sock yarn!
So when I went to D.C. this past weekend, I jumped right in and started to make a sock. I used Cat Borhdi's book, Socks Soar on Two Circulars, and got to the heel turn! This is the funny part - the directions start to confuse me. You can't tell from the photo, but I've inserted a lifeline after my heel turn because I don't know that I understand the directions to pick up the gusset stitches properly. I wish I had the book with me to show the directions, but they confuse me at this point! I'll have to try working on them this weekend and post more later!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

If you need help understanding the gusset part, let me know!