10.25.2006

Fall to Pieces

I love the fall. I love the weather getting cooler, the smell of fires in chimneys and the color. I especially love the color. We have this crazy bush in front of our house. It's rather boring...green leaves, etc. all summer. Nothing special. But, in the fall, it turns into a blazing red/maroon/purple color that is GORGEOUS. I just love it. I'm kind of sad that it stays that color for only a few weeks...usually it gets so cold here that the leaves drop off before they die so then the ground is covered in red leaves.

This year, it hasn't quite changed all the way over yet...it's still got some green...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's so funny! There was one of these bushes outside my hotel while I was on vacation, and every day it had these amazing reds! And when the light was right, it almost glowed. I could see it changing every day. I had never seen one before, and it's beautiful. Do you know what it is?