7.10.2007

Ravelry, how I love/hate thee!

I've been on Ravelry for a couple of weeks now. Let me count the ways/reasons that I LOVE and HATE Ravelry.

I hate Ravelry because:
  • It makes me think that I don't have as much yarn as I thought I did. (which really shouldn't be a bad thing...)
  • It makes it look like I don't really have a lot of finished items. (But I used to knit a lot of scarves, and I'm not going to post every stupid scarf that I knit for a craft show...)
  • It makes me feel jealous of all of the beautiful things that other Knitters have created! (Because that's who I am - I'm jealous!)

I LOVE Ravelry because:

  • It inspires me to try something different. (So many patterns, so little time...)
  • It helps me organize my ideas and favorites with the click of a button. (Me - organized??? Who knew it was even possible!!)
  • It gives me a different way of seeing my projects and feel accomplished for getting something done. (I do feel accomplished looking at my little projects all lined up in a row...)
  • It allows me to connect with Knitters in my area or with similiar interests. (Anyone interested in an Iowa Group? I need at least three others to join...)
I suppose I'm just whining, but boy oh boy, Ravelry is doing some great things for me! If you don't have your invite yet, be patient, Jess and Casey are working full time on Ravelry to get it ready for everyone - and you will not be dissapointed!!

No comments: