12.21.2005

knitting photos...really!


Yay! Here it is! My latest finished object is this hat that I was writing about in my last post. I do a lot of knitting - but I don't get a ton of stuff actually finished, so it's nice when it happens.

I wrote about it a little in my last post, but I have some clarifications. The "gauge swatch" I knit was really knitting the first 5 inches of the thing and then realizing it was too huge for my head. So, I frogged it and re-knit. The pattern was largely modified by me, but provided by a yarn store in St. Louis. The yarn is super-soft and doesn't hold shape well. I need to get a close-up posted so you can see the cool texture though. While it was knit in stockinette all the way, it looks like its ribbed. Maybe I'll post a photo of that tomorrow.

P.S. If anyone is actually out there reading this, drop me a comment. I'd like to know if I'm alone in the cyber universe!

No comments: