12.12.2005

first finished object for new blog - or not

Bad photo, but nice item. This is supposed to be a roll-brim hat made from Plymouth Sinsation Yarn. The pattern (free from the yarn store I go too with the yarn purchase) calls for two balls and knitting on US 10.5 needles. Not in my world. I knit a gauge swatch, and it was way too huge - and I have a big head! I downsized to US 9s, but then ran out of yarn. The result is nice though - the hat doesn't hug my head, but sits there perfectly, like it's a little hat.

Yeah, so that was going to be my post a few weeks ago after I took pictures of a hat I made. Unfortunately, I live out in the boonies, and only have dial-up, which won't let me post photos from home!!! Looks like I'll have to do that from work now. Great. One more thing to get me in trouble. Photos of real knitting coming tomorrow. Really, I promise!!

No comments: