10.17.2007

She rises again...

Thoughts on:
  • Jewelry - The show went o.k. I was a little overpriced for where I was selling (rural Missouri town's local festival) so I didn't sell as much as I hoped, however, I got a TON of compliments on my stuff. Jewelry is an expensive hobby - and I try to only use REAL materials (silver, real swarovski crystals, etc.) so we'll see what happens in the future. I've been scouting at a few craft shows and am going to do another one in December in Des Moines, so we'll see.

  • Etsy - Jewelry leads me to Etsy. My entire family and many of my friends are not near me. But they have friends that want to buy my bracelets...and they have friends that want to buy and so on. I think I'm going to set up an etsy shop to sell online. There are a zillion etsy sellers out there, but I'm cool with that!

  • Knitting - I finished a few things - Grace's Hat and my first sock. LOVE that hat - can't wait to get a proper photo up with baby Grace in it and LOVE the sock. I often wear that lonely sock on my foot around the house. I will not make it's mate. I think I'm going to frame it for my craft room (seriously!) I also just cast on for a new baby sweater (what is it with me and baby stuff??)

  • Craft Room - my friend came over this weekend and helped me re-organize my craft room. I've got before photos, but no after yet...but I'll post them when I get them. I'm putting together a big box of yarn, beads and scrapbooking supplies and giving them to a local art teacher for use with her elementary students.

I think that's it for me. I'm going to also be refreshing the look of this blog. What was I thinking with pink and green? It's so icky now!!!

No comments: