8.25.2006

Secret Pal Finales!

Well, Secret Pal 8 is almost over, and I have revealed myself to my spoilee, and gotten a final package and reveal from my spoiler. Let's check out the goodies first:

This would be my attempt at and artsy photo. My final SP8 package include Four skeins of Cascade 220 (two in an olive green, and two in a lighter green "heather" color.) These will likely get felted into a purse at some point. Then, over to the right, you'll see a partial skein on Blue Sky Alpaca yarns - Suri Alpaca. SOOOO soft. There are actually two skeins in a light grey in there. I have no idea what to make with it. It will make a super-soft scarf, so I might have to do that! I also got a deck of Alaska cards, because my pal is from Alaska, and some more Burt's Bees lip balm!! My favorite!

So, MONICA - thank you so much for spoiling me the past few months! It's been so much fun, and I'm now happy to say I have a friend in Alaska!! I can't wait for the knitting bug to bite me again so I can dig into all of this stuff!!!!!

Then there is the issue of the pal that I've been spoiling. Her name is Laura. I had a great time spoiling her! She is in school in Oklahoma. And, she is a very inspiring person. I don't want to overstep my boundaries too much, but let's just say that Laura has a lot of challenges going on in her life and what impressed me most is that she is not a complainer by any means, and always looks at the bright side...read her blog and you'll get a lot of the details.

So, SP8 was a great time for me! Can't wait for #9!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Looks like the Secret Pal thing was good for you as a spoilee and a spoiler!!

starrypurplehaze said...

Looks like you got a great package. Glad you had a good experience. :)