7.07.2006

FOOD!!

No family gathering that I attend happens without someone (usually me) making some sort of dessert concoction. Usually I go for cookies, but cheesecake struck my fancy this weekend when Cooking Light came to my mailbox a few weeks ago with a beautiful cover, promissing the lowest fat and calorie cheesecake ever!!

So, I made this: Now, obviously there is no chocolate in a low-fat, low-cal cheesecake. I cooked the cheesecake at 1 a.m., so I was tired, and didn't follow the directions to leave it in the open, turned off oven for 30 minutes. Instead, I put it into the fridge, and the next morning it had a crack the size of the San Andreas Fault running through it. So, I put chocolate on it.

I'd give the cheesecake a B-...but I'm not the greatest cheesecake cook ever. (But I am the best chocolate chip cookie baker ever!) My brother liked it better without chocolate, so did my sister in law. I thought it was too dry. Oh well...I'll keep trying to perfect the art of cheesecake baking. If anyone out there has any fool-proof recipes, do share.

I wasn't the only dessert maker this weekend. My sister-in-law banged out this fantastic jello/pound cake/fruit thing..YUMMY!!

I hope she knows that I will not let her take my dessert crown from me...I hate competition.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mmmmm... cheesecake!

I make a killer apple crisp that is the favorite of my family :)