3.05.2007

The Baby Blanket that wasn't Meant to be...

Stinkers. We've all had a few. I had high hopes for this blanket. Very high hopes. It was my first baby blanket project - it was my first "I made it up myself" pattern, and my first attempt at holding three strands of yarn together at once. It did take me a while to start/finish it, and alas, I finished it too short of what it needed to be. It's nice and wide (about 40 inches!) but not long enough.

It also has a few small errors, like this hole.
And, it has a square where I knit pieces of it wrong so there are knits where purls should be and purls where knits shall be. I think this blanket is going to be gifted to my 3-year-old niece, who can care for her baby dolls with it. I'm still working on my log cabin blanket and that's going to be a big winner - I can already tell!

Oh, and I finally figured out why my photos are so grainy sometimes...when I upload them from home (on dial up) they only can upload a certain amount...so they are pixelated. I'll try to be better about uploading from work, but this is all I've got right now!

No comments: