2.28.2007

SP 10 Questions

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I like wool. Not a big fan of cotton, but blends are o.k. Favorite brands/names, Noro Kuyeron, Blue Sky (even their cotton!) Berroco.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? Plastic storage tubs. I have a system that I really like.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I’ve been knitting for a few years really. My skill level is intermediate, but I’m lazy and have a short attention span, so I do mostly beginner-ish projects.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes. see my sidebar.
5. What's your favorite scent? I have very, very sensitive skin, so it’s best to stick with things like Burts Bees or other all natural brands. I like Vanilla.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I am a chocolate pig. Chocolate and peanut butter. Yummy!
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I make jewelry, scrapbook. I tried to be a spinner, and it didn’t work, so I’m not interested.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I listen to all kinds of music and am open to everything! My computer will play MP3s.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? Purple/Pink/Black are my favorites, but I really like everything. It just depends on the project. Right now, I’m somewhat following Project Spectrum, so I’m trying to explore more color!
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Live with my boyfriend of 8 years. No indoor pets – we have a farm cats.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Yes, Yes, Yes, NO!
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I seem to be on a baby hat kick right now.
13. What are you knitting right now? Log Cabin baby blanket, Fake Isle Hat.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Sure!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Prefer Addi Turbos. But would maybe like to explore Knit Picks options.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? I own both.
17. How old is your oldest UFO? More than one year old.
18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
19. Is there anything that you collect? Yarn. :)
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I’m open to any/every thing. No subscriptions but I like to read Knit Simple.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? My last few secret pals have gotten me sock yarn, and I’m just waiting to take a sock class. I don’t know that it’s a technique, but I’d like to challenge myself a little more this year with my knitting.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? I should be a sock knitter soon! I wear a women’s 10 shoe.
23. When is your birthday? June 27 – I will be 28 years old.

No comments: