8.18.2006

It is what it is...

What's that you ask? Knitting. Summer is not knitting time for me, this I've only discovered now that it's AUGUST!!

I did a little knitting here and there - made a baby bootie, didn't like it so I ripped it up. Started a baby kimono and log cabin blankie for one of several pregnant friends. Haven't quite gotten around to finishing those either. I need to get re-bitten by the knitting bug. I need energy and creative inspiration.

I'm going to try to inspire myself a little bit this weekend as I sort through my yarn stash and get rid of some stuff. In the past, I've donated it to Goodwill or just given it to knitting friends, but I'm not sure who/what I'm going to give it to this time. I'm also planning on going to the State Fair to check out the sheep and knitted items contest. I'm sure there is going to be some inspiration there!!

So the other part of this is that I have a secret pal named Laura that I have been spoiling during this round of SP8. I'm trying to give her hints to who I am, so I think this hint might help a little. So far, I've told her the following hints:
  • My name is Antoinette.
  • I live in Iowa.
  • I have blonde hair.

We'll see if she finds me!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found you!!!! Thank you so much for being such a great pal! I'm going to spend the next day or two reading your journal so I can get to know you more! Also, as I was looking at other blogs from Iowa, one woman cleaned out her stash and put pictures of the things she didn't want on her blog and said she'd trade for them. Like someone is sending her a homemade dpn case for some of her yarn. Just an idea! I'm trying to decide if I want to enter our state fair!

Anonymous said...

No doubt... summer is NOT prime knitting time!

Your SP